Venison 'White Castle' Burgers in a CanCooker Recipe
By: Jessyca Sortillon
You know those irresistible little burgers from White Castle with the mini onions? With this recipe and a CanCooker, you can make your own venison version at home!
Just like White Castle’s legendary sliders, the venison burgers in this recipe are steamed over a bed of onions. I used a CanCooker to steam the burgers and it worked out perfectly!
Never had a burger from the restaurant White Castle? I could tell you how amazing and addicting their sliders are, but I think the Burger Shack employee in the movie “Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle” described them best:
“… those tender little White Castle burgers, with those little itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in your mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one ...”
Basically, White Castle burgers are known for their delicious onion flavor – and this recipe delivers just that.
Yield: 16 venison sliders
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
- 1 pound ground venison burger
- ½ pound ground beef chuck (80/20)
- ⅓ cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 ½ tablespoons CanCooker Onion Pepper Seasoning
- 1 small white or yellow onion, finely diced
- 16 small dinner rolls, each sliced in half
- American cheese slices (optional)
- Sliced dill pickles (optional)
READ THE FULL STORY ON GAME & FISH